Copy-Editing – Proofreading – Formatting
I am pleased to offer copy writing (both document and website), copy editing, proofreading and formatting to businesses. I have been conducting this kind of work for a number of years both with my former day job working with the lawyers who write legislation and working with other writers.
You receive quality service, quick turn-around and reasonable prices.
Trust your documents to me for the utmost in discretion, security and professionalism.
Why I Can Help With Your Written Communications:
- 16 years’ experience copy-editing and proofreading legislation written by legal drafters for the Yukon Government. I am now retired from that job and offer my services to you.
- the “go-to” guy for formatting and computer issues in the office during that tenure.
- a diploma in Journalism and Short Story Writing as well as a further course in Journalism completed in 2009.
- I have published and maintain my websites, normhamilton.ca/, normhamilton.ca/blog/, normhamilton.ca/writer/ and normhamilton.ca/photography/.
I am a writer who works with words on a daily basis
- The Digital Eye , my first published book is a non-fiction compilation of articles on digital photography I wrote in 2011.
- My novel, CAUSATUM – The Agreement is currently with an editor and in the final stages of the publication process. It is expected to be released in early November 2012.
Copy-editing is usually the second to last step in the process of reviewing your document. It is done with an eye for
- repetitive words or phrases
- ensuring that the text flows well
I will copy edit your work to ensure that your manuscript is completed in a polished, professional manner. This may also include double checking the accuracy of quotes and references. Copy editing normally does not include substantial revisions to text.
Copy editing by me includes proofreading, thus saving you some expense.
Copy Editing – .05 per word
Example – 1,000 word document – only 50 (minimum 10)
Proofreading is the final run through of your manuscript prior to publication. The purpose of proofreading is to catch those final, small errors in punctuation and spelling that have been overlooked during the previous steps. Competent proofreading provides the level of excellence and professionalism that your manuscript deserves.
Proofreading – .03 per word.
Example – 1,000 word document – only 30 (minimum 10)
See some common errors that excellent copy-editing and proofreading alleviate.
Formatting of your document
I will format your document for presentation to clients
Costs vary depending on the size and type of document.
After you forward your text with instructions I will provide you with an exact quote.
If you accept the quote, I will provide you with
• .doc file
• PDF file
• your manuscript in Word format (.doc or .docx)
• images, diagrams, or illustrations that need to be included.